Pakistan Meteorological Departmet and United Kingdom Met Office have been successfully working in partnership since 2018 working through the 4 year ARRCC (Asia Regional Resilience to a Changing Climate) programme.
- Enhancing regional collaboration and capability for provision of weather and climate services.
- Supporting development of regional & sub-regional forecasting and early warning systems.
- Improving capacity in focus countries to develop & disseminate impact based forecast (across multiple timescales) to climate sensitive sectors & vulnerable communities.
Stakeholder workshop November 2019
NWP Training March 2020
IBF Pilot Launch Event (March 2022)
IBF Pilot for Pakistan
- Hazard: Rainfall, wind (and temperatures)
- Impacts: Failure of rain fed crops (focus on Groundnut)
- Area: Pothohar Plateau (Attock and Chakwal Districts)
- Recipients: Extension workers, progressive farmers and research institutes
- Duration: Kharif growing season (approx. April to August 2022)